The rate of increase of platelet count in thrombocytopenia: transfusions vs non transfusions

×

Error message

  • User warning: The following module is missing from the file system: module_filter. For information about how to fix this, see the documentation page. in _drupal_trigger_error_with_delayed_logging() (line 1138 of /home/ijcmesjournal/public_html/includes/bootstrap.inc).
  • Deprecated function: Function create_function() is deprecated in include_once() (line 1 of /home/ijcmesjournal/public_html/sites/all/themes/bootstrap/templates/system/item-list.func.php).
  • Deprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /home/ijcmesjournal/public_html/includes/menu.inc).
  • Deprecated function: Function create_function() is deprecated in include_once() (line 1 of /home/ijcmesjournal/public_html/sites/all/themes/bootstrap/templates/system/status-messages.func.php).
Author: 
Kaireddy Siva Kumar, Vyshnavi B, Pavan Kumar G, Niranjan Reddy K, and Madhuri T.H

Aim & objectives: The aim of the study is to show the effectiveness of diverse treatments in thrombocytopenia. The main objective of the study is to show the effectiveness of various treatment options in Thrombocytopenia patients and to relate the platelet count increment in transfusions and non-transfusions.
Methods: A prospective observational study was conducted on effectiveness of diverse treatments in thrombocytopenia patients from august 2018-january 2019 at regional VR Multi speciality hospital Kurnool.
Results: A total of 51 patients were grouped and categorised into two groups out of them 29.42% of patients undergone platelet transfusion and remaining 70.58% under pharmacological therapy. We recruited the patients based inclusion and exclusion criteria. The patients with platelet count <20,000 per micro Liter will be having high bleeding, so platelet transfusion in those patients was recommended. In our study we were taken only patients who are transfused with single donor. The patients under pharmacological treatment prescribed with different drugs, 16 patients were given with only Carica papaya, 8 treated with Carica papaya & hydrocortisone and 12 were treated with all three drugs starting with Eltrombopag (TRA's).
Conclusion: We concluded that effectiveness of diverse treatments were observed by increments in platelet count in thrombocytopenia. Among these, Transfusions show 71% efficacy. In non transfusions, medications such as Carica papaya showed 21% efficacy, Eltrombopag showed 18.66% efficacy and hydrocortisone showed 0.3% efficacy.

Page: 
496-502
Download PDF: